Alanna concentrates her practice in a wide variety of labor and employment matters on both an individual and class wide basis, including recovery of unpaid wages, and recovery of damages for age, race, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation and religious discrimination and harassment.
During law school, Alanna was awarded a Peggy Browning Fellowship, through which she worked as an intern at Make the Road New York in their Workplace Justice division. She participated in the Workers’ Rights Docket in the Community and Economic Development clinic, where she represented low-wage workers in federal and bankruptcy court in their claims for unpaid wages. Alanna also served as an intern in the Economic Justice Project clinic, where she represented public benefits applicants and obtained favorable outcomes in contested public benefits administrative hearings and proceedings. Alanna also advocated for low-wage workers as an intern at the Mississippi Workers’ Center for Human Rights.
Alanna was awarded a Graduate Fellowship from the City University New York School of Law. She was also awarded the Jerome M. Ginsberg Scholarship in recognition of her community service and promise in legal scholarship. Alanna was published for her Note in the CUNY Law Review, Is it Worthless to be “Worth Less”? Ending the Exemption of People with a Disability from the Federal Minimum Wage under the Fair Labor Standards Act, 19 CUNY Law Rev. She was an Articles Editor of the Public Interest Practitioner Section of the CUNY Law Review. Alanna also served on the Executive Board of CUNY Law School’s Labor Coalition.
Alanna graduated magna cum laude from the State University of New York College at Oneonta, earning a B.S. in Political Science and a B.A. in International Studies. She obtained her J.D. from the City University of New York School of Law.
Areas of Practice
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Overtime
- Class Actions
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- City University of New York School of Law, Queens, New York
- Articles Editor, Public Interest Practitioner Section, CUNY Law Review
- Executive Board, Labor Coalition
- Awarded CUNY Law Graduate Fellowship
- Awarded Peggy Browning Fellowship
- Awarded Jerome M. Ginsberg Scholarship
- State University of New York College at Oneonta, Oneonta, New York
- Majored in Political Science and International Studies
- B.A./B.S., magna cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- New York City Bar Association, Sex & Law Committee, Member