Michele joined V&A as an associate in November 2015, having previously served as a legal assistant from September 2014 to October 2015. Michele concentrates her practice in a wide variety of labor and employment matters, including recovery of unpaid minimum wages, overtime wages, prevailing wages and supplemental benefits, as well as sexual harassment, retaliation, and discrimination based on gender, age, race, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and religion.
Prior to joining V&A, Michele worked as a Civil Litigation Intern at the City of Newark Department of Law, defending the city against civil rights claims, personal injury claims, and municipal ordinance challenges. There, she second chaired a trial involving false arrest and false imprisonment claims. Michele has also prepared applications for undocumented immigrant youths seeking deportation deferrals as part of Make the Road NY’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival clinics.
During law school, Michele served as a Notes Editor for the Cardozo Journal of International and Comparative Law. Michele also participated in the Bet Tzedek Legal Services Clinic, where she represented low-income New Yorkers in a variety of civil matters, including drafting wills, arguing health and disability benefit appeals before Administrative Law Judges, and filing Article 78 claims.
Areas of Practice
- Wage and Hour Class Action Litigation
- Employment Discrimination Matters
- Sexual Harassment
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY
- Concentrated in Litigation.
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Majored in English and Journalism and Media Studies
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York City Bar Association, New Lawyer’s Council Public Service Committee, Secretary