Maria Tokarz is a Director of Forensic Accounting Services at V&A with more than fifteen years of accounting experience. Maria has handled a wide variety of wage-and-hour and wage theft investigations, focusing primarily on underpayment examinations in industries that include hospitality, hotels, banquet halls and restaurants, public and private sector construction, finance and insurance, security, medical and hospital facilities. Prior to joining V&A, Maria worked as a forensic accountant in the Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services (FIDS) department at the public accounting firm, Ernst & Young LLP (EY). While at EY, Maria conducted a wide variety of fraud and money laundering investigations in the financial industries. Maria is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of New York, a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS).
Maria is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists.
Maria is fluent in Polish.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
- Bronislaw Markiewicz University, Jaroslaw, Poland
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, New York
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting